Social Network Impact on Youth
Online social media have gained astounding worldwide growth and popularity which has led to attracting attention from variety of researchers globally. Although with time all generations have come to embrace the changes social network has brought about, teenagers and young adults are the most fanatic users of these sites. According to various research studies in the field of online social networks, it has been revealed that these sites are impacting the lives of the youth greatly. When using these sites such as Twitter, Facebook or MySpace, there are both positive and negative effects on the youth.
It is inevitable to ignore the fact that nowadays social network plays an essential role in teenagers’ lives. Most youths are spending at least an hour in these popular social media sites. Generally, 1 out of 7 minutes which are spent online by most of those who can access internet is spent on Facebook according to Shea Bennett. One may ask how spending all that time on the social media sites may have a positive impact on them. Well, social media helps the youth and any other user updated with what is happening around the world, help the teenagers stay connected and interact with each other even if they are many miles apart. This strengthens their relationship even if they finished school and moved to different locations they stay connected and update one another.
In addition, social media sites have provided a platform whereby the youth can create groups and pages based on their common discipline and end up building connections and opportunities for their respective careers by updating various topics to discuss. Youth who have been interviewed they say that social media has become their lifestyle and it makes their lives easier and efficient.
While on one hand social network sites seems to bring people together and connected on the other hand it creates social isolation in regard to BBC News report. As the youth tend to spend many hours on these sites, they rarely have face-to-face interaction. According various studies, scientists’ evaluation determined that social isolation can lead to a host of emotional, psychological, physical and mental problems which include anxiety, depression and somatic complaints among many others.
Other negative effects of social networking various people suggested included encouraging poor spelling and grammar, exposing underage to online predators, allowing spread of misinformation that is perceived as fact, decreasing productivity as those who are supposed to be working spend time in the sites to chat, provide a perfect platform for cyber bullying and providing details that increase risks of identity theft.
Social networking clearly portrays both positive and negative effects on the youth. It is decision of an individual to make whether to continue using the sites or not.
Getting Some Help With Media Research Paper Topics
If you are currently enrolled in mass communication graduate/undergraduate program at some prestigious organization you will most likely be asked to submit a research paper about some media issue like all the other science or business students. In such a situation you are most probably, go with analyzing a media issue and reporting on it. The tricky part comes in where you have to decide a topic because unlike others your papers cannot be dry, outdated, and boring. You need to think ahead of time. This is where your innovative thinking kicks in.
Areas you could tap into:
- Pick any one medium: newspaper, radio, TV, cinema, journalism, and advertising etcetera.
- Pick a genre, a period and era. You cannot cover entire radio history in a 25-pager document and then report future trends. You need to set a scope.
- You could write a paper on celebrities, latest recording trends and techniques, or any interesting area you like. As a media student, you need to be able to sell your paper no matter how dry the topic is.
Some possible topic suggestions:
- The impact of TV commercials and print ads on consumer purchases
- The recording techniques in the West
- Governmental rules and policies being imposed on news channels
- Do you think news channels need to censor violence coverage?
- How is media supporting political parties to establish an influence on the public?
- The role of media in cultural diffusion across the globe
- The effect of social media on the behavior of teenagers and young adults
- Are social networking websites violating basic human privacy rights?
- Is media over emphasizing on terrorism related issues?
- Can media be used as a tool to bring social reforms?
- Is radio losing its charm and value because of new innovative media channels?
- The influence of media o young children
- Do children need parental supervision for watching TV these days?
- Should TV channels design exclusive content for toddlers?
- How effective is door-to-door sales promotion technique? Is it sensible to call is marketing by force?
- How is organizational efficiency being impacted by various social networking communication mediums?
- Can businesses miraculously increase their sales revenue through mass advertisements?
- How effective are roadside billboards in promoting FACT products?
- Is modern journalism free from ethical and legal constraints?
- Are reality shows becoming redundant?
Looking for academic paper writer? Get online now! Follow: https://mypaperwriter.com/ to order custom term paper today.