"More than just a roof @ APU!"
There are many options for housing while you study in Kuala Lumpur. Our Student Services provides accommodation services to help you make the right choice and find the accommodation you want. The university-managed accommodation is only for APU students and students coming with their family members need to opt for private accommodation, our staff would assist you to give you contact numbers of property agents.
Students from other states and countries may stay in the university-managed accommodation or arrange a private rental accommodation in apartments near campus.
You can find more detailed information on the accommodation options below.
- APU On-Campus Accommodation
The APU on-campus accommodations are now operational at the APU New Campus premises. You will have access to APU's campus facilities such as Lifestyle @ Modesto's, laundrette, convenience store and a 24-hour security coverage within the campus. Students staying in the on-campus accommodation will have options to single rooms, twin-sharing or shared apartment and have access to the common pantry at each floor.
- APU Off-Campus Accommodation
APU provides fully-managed accommodation at a number of apartment buildings close to the campus, including Academia, Vista Komanwel, Fortune Park, Endah Promenade and Covillea Condominiums. You will have access to condominium facilities such as cafeteria, swimming pool, laundrette, convenience stores and a 24-hour security coverage. Students staying in the apartments where they occupy rooms on single, twin or triple sharing basis and have access to kitchen facilities and common area. Each apartment has 3 to 6 bedrooms with a living room.
How much will it cost?
Rental for each student ranges between RM270 to RM1900 per month, depending on the room size and facilities provided. The rooms are lent to students on a single or twin sharing basis. Upon check-in to the accommodation students are required to pay a 2-months deposit and 1-month rental with respective cover charges. Note that rental rates may change from time to time. For off-campus accommodations, APU covers utility bills up to RM250 (USD 85) per month per apartment only for all Deluxe, Premium, Super Premium and Superior Apartments (excluding Standard Apartment). Students in On-Campus Accommodations and Standard Apartments will pay for utilities on 'Pay as you use' basis.
For more detailed information on the prices please refer to the On-Campus Accommodation Form and the Off-CampusAccommodation Form.
What are the types of APU Accommodation?
How do I apply for this accommodation?
Speak to our Student Services at (+603) 8996 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on available types of accommodation, facilities and price. We will guide you until you are settled with the appropriate accommodation unit.
You can also download and fill in the respective Accommodation Booking Form and then send it to us via email.
Please note that room sizes are available on a first come, first served basis.
How do I get to campus?
APU provides a free shuttle bus service from the accommodation which leaves on approximately half-hourly basis. Please be sure to show your transport card to the bus driver to use the service.
Besides our managed accommodation, you can arrange your accommodation in privately owned houses and apartments. Unless you have your friends or relatives who have already prepared for your accommodation, you must come to KL at least 2 or 3 weeks before your course starts, because looking for a suitable place to stay could be tedious and time-consuming.
You have the options to share a room with someone, rent a single room to yourself, or rent a house or an apartment and share it with your friends.
Rules and Regulations
- Students staying in the university managed accommodation are responsible for all items within the apartments and would pay for any damages during their stay.
- Students should respect the other occupant’s privacy and do not make excessive noise or hold gathering in the units and facilities in the apartments without prior approval from the University.
- No visitors should be in the accommodation after 10 PM and smoking and alcohol are prohibited at all times.
The Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government's effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
MIS Scholarships cover only Masters and PhD programmes.
What is the eligiblity criteria for MIS application?
To be eligible for Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:
- Not be more than 45 years of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Master’s Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
What is covered under the MIS?
Each scholarship consists of:
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance (will be paid at the beginning of research (after proposal defense) and the balance will be paid only upon submission of the thesis) – For PhD only
- A conference travel grant and journal publication grant (PhD only)
How do I apply for MIS?
Application is simple and straightforward. Here's the application process.
Apply at Asia Pacific University (APU) for the programme of your choice by sending copies of your educational certificates and other supporting documents including the following:
- APU Postgraduate Application Form (download the form here)
- Details page of passport showing evidence of citizenship
- Copy of Academic certificates and transcripts
- Updated CV
- Testimonials and/or references relating to the relevant study, co-curriculum activities and achievements (if available)
- Any membership certification from Professional Bodies (if available)
- Reference Letters from current/past employers (if available)
You can email the documents at email@example.com or send via WhatsApp/Viber at +60123048084 (Mr. Babak Rahimi) for your application to be processed immediately. You can expect to receive our response within 24 hours on your application. If your application is accepted, we will email you the Letter of Offer together.
Once you receive your Letter of Offer, proceed to Malaysian International Scholarships website and register yourself. Click here to login to the website.
Click here to download the step-by-step guideline from APU website and follow the instructions to have your application submitted for the MIS Scholarship to the Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia.
Click here to download the step-by-step guideline on MIS Scholarship Application at Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia.
When is the application deadline?
Applications for the MIS Scholarships are now CLOSED however you may still apply with APU should you wish to proceed with self-funding or sponsorship by other external organisations.
Where can I find more info on this?
You can visit Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia website at https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/INTER/index.php.
Good luck and all the best with your MIS application and we look forward to assist you with the application!